Monday, January 28, 2013
In Australia an electricity distributor is responsible for reading the electricity meter. The data collected is forwarded to the electricity retailer, who then sends you the electricity bill. When the distributor is not able to gain access to the meter, an estimated reading will be forwarded to the retailer.
This estimated amount on the bill, should be highlighted by the word 'estimate', or the letter 'e'. The distributor can make estimates for any period of up to 6 months, before an actual reading has to occur . A customer may choose to submit a reading to the retailer, on dispute of an estimated reading, this reading may be considered an actual read by the retailer. Where lack of access is an issue, an appointment may be asked for by the retailer to gain access to the meter.
The frequency of electricity billing, where a home is on a regular electricity contract is often every three months. Where a negotiated contract is in force, the frequency of billing will depend on the contract.
An electricity distributor has the right to enter a property to read the meter, without the prior consent of the customer.
Visit our website for more information on ELECTRICITY BILLING &METER READING.
At Aussie Home Energy we are noting an increase in home electricity concerns, as reported by many Aussie homes and business. Concerns often relating to,
- Unforeseen high electricity costs with no change to the kWh rate or usage.
- Billing issues after a Time Of Use meter has been installed.
- Constant brown outs or electricity spikes.
- Incorrect charging for off-peak appliances.
- Issues after transferring electricity supply from one electricity retailer to another.
- Issues with billing and ROI after installing a Solar PV system.
- Issues with meter data and readings.
If like other Aussie householders, you have similar concerns over home or business electricity related issues, then please visit our website for advice, or call us on 02 8064 3992 for help.
Visit our website to learn more about,
- An easy introduction into home electricity supply, metering, tariffs.
- How to understand your home electricity bill 100%.
- Electricity distributors, retailers and discounted offers.
- What to do when you have home electricity meter & bill issues.
- The latest news about electricity in Australia.
We are a business whose primary goal, is to assist you in reducing your electricity costs.
Home electricity usage, costs, billing and solar pv output are all under an umbrella of darkness, unless you have some system in place 24/7, to access the data LIVE!
Aussie Home Energy is able to supply you with all kinds of home electricity monitoring solutions, to get the 24/7 data you need in your face, on your PC and even on the net.
Go HERE to see the above home LIVE!
By accessing an array of online portals, your home electricity data is easily displayed in various ways.
You will be able to access forecasts, Time Of Use overlays and even compare or share electricity data with others.
CONTACT US today to get started and see your home's electricity data online.