Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Solar Net Metering & Billing Confusion

Our research over the last few months mainly in Sydney’s West, has shown there are lot of people with a Solar PV system, connected to the grid via NET metering, who are very confused as to what their solar system is generating!

Our research findings are telling us, this too is both from a energy angle and a financial one. And if the householder is not confused, often the idea they have of what their solar system is doing, is totally incorrect.

So what we have decided to do is put the records straight. You will find information on what you should see and what you will not see on the electricity bill, detailed on our SOLAR NET METERING web page.

This blog post and podcast brought to you by Aussie Home Energy, a major player in the HOME ELECTRICITY REDUCTION SERVICE industry in Australia.

1 comment:

  1. my idea of net metering is, if I produce eg & for ease of calculation,100 kwh for 3 months & my total use for 3months is 300kwh,therefore the total power I should pay,should be no more than 200kwh for the said three months. no matter what hour, during any day, in that three months, that I produce more power, than I can use, do I want to be paid the pittance being paid at this time.
    Every time I am paid 7.7c a kwh I am being cheated out of the real value of that kwh...
    Let me explain. Every kwh I produce extra, to the grid ,my provider gives me 7.7c,my provider then sells that kwh back to someone else at, in my case,between24.4c /kwh & 25.5c /kwh a difference of some 17c /kwh. Now if we do a little calculation on our eg of 100kwh extra I produced,100 times 7.7c =$7.70 that the provider pays to me, the provider then on sells those 100kwh for 17c times 100 kwh, for a $17.00 profit on the power I produced from my solar cells.
    The purpose of this exercise is, I don't want 7.7c a kwh, unless the total of my produced power for the billing period, exceeds the total power I consume in any billing period.

    ReplyDelete

We have in the past disabled comments due to spam. It is in the interests of our readers for comments on posts to be meaningful and related to the post in question. We value your input where it is going to add value to our blog.

Alternative Uses For 50W Of 24/7 Wasted Standby Power?

Powered byEMF Web Form