|Power The Microwave With Saved Standby?|
It does not take long for standby electricity in the average Aussie home, to amount to a considerable cost on a quarterly bill.Why? Well remember most appliances using standby electricity are using it 24/7. And that is for 91 days on a quarterly bill!
Some homes Aussie Home Energy has visited, have literally 100's of watts, of standby electricity.
What we are going to tell you now, is how 50 watts of electrical standby can cost you dearly. Just as important though, is what this energy could be alternatively used for.
50 watts of 24/7 electrical standby, equates to 110,000 watts per quarter. This wasted power costs you $27.50 when based on a charge of 25 cents per 'kWh'. That is $110 per year! Now if you were to eliminate the standby electricity, you could use the saved power to do one of the following:
- Roast a chicken twice in a standard oven, every week.
- Run your pool pump for 8 hours every week.
- Power a 51cm CRT television, for 16 hours every day.
- Boil your kettle for 50 hours per quarter.
- Power two 25 watt lights 24/7.
- Keep a 15 kWh home running for over a week, once a year.
- Keep your LCD television going for 8 hours per day.
- Boil your veggies for 4 hours as well as heat your electric fry pan for 3 hours, every week.
Amazing to think that you could be doing anyone of these tasks, for no further cost! Simply by turning off the electrical standby you are wasting and using the same power for a more beneficial use.
Do you know what your home is consuming in electrical standby?
To start discovering the Standby Electricity and it's related costs, in your home, visit our STANDBY ELECTRICITY page.
This blog post and podcast brought to you by Aussie Home Energy, a major player in the HOME ELECTRICITY REDUCTION SERVICE industry in Australia.